Mike is a consultant and an ex-senior executive, expert in the development and management of strategy and marketing - offering business development functions in complex international services and solutions businesses.
Mike’s international blue-chip career of 30 years was all spent at IBM, initially in consulting roles but latterly in senior executive management as Director of Marketing for its worldwide Consulting Unit and then Director of Strategy Marketing and Business Development for its UK/Ireland IT Services Unit.
He has 10 years of international experience of which three were spent living in Paris (working in IBM’s European headquarters) and three living in the USA (working in IBM’s global headquarters in NY state).
Mike has an ultra-pragmatic approach and specialises in helping decide and implement changes which will have immediate beneficial impacts for the organisation. He has a passion for helping people at all levels of the organisation - sales leaders, product and solution managers and general managers - see the big picture and decide on the most appropriate course of action balancing the short term with the right strategic direction. He is experienced at working in complex and ambiguous situations in matrix-managed organisations.
Education & Accreditation
• BA in Physics from Oxford
• Postgraduate Diploma in Management from Henley Management College
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
• Miller Heiman Sales System
• Dynamic Performance Management
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic planning and business design
• Portfolio analysis and management
• Market analysis
• Brand positioning formulation
• Marketing management
• Marketing communications planning and execution
• Business development
• Complex sales campaign formulation and coaching
• Expert facilitator in tough stressful situations